Dated from 1860, the former Cartier-Bresson spinning factory was abandoned for decades. Its refurbishment was expected by the inhabitants to open up the district. The building is now experiencing a new life thanks to Maud Caubet Architects and has become a cultural and childcare center.
For this renovation, Maud Caubet decided to do with the existing building and kept five of the seven workshops, in order to preserve the structure as much as possible. Large bay windows allow natural light to penetrate the building, creating a dialogue between the interior of the Sheds and the surrounding nature of the Diderot park.